Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chocolate Balls

The last few weeks I have not loaded any recipes. 
The element died in my oven and they tell me a new one is on the way. 
Please let it be soon as after 3 weeks my stove and I are having a love hate relationship..................I miss my oven.
I had girlfriends calling over today and what to give them with a cup of tea was my dilemma.
On my search to eat less wheat, dairy and sugar a friend of mine gave me the below recipe.
It is quick, simple and yummy.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup of Maple Syrup
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
6 Tablespoons of Cocoa or Cacao powder
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon powder
1/2 a cup of Peanut Butter
1 cup of shredded coconut
1 Teaspoon of vanilla


Method:
Combine : Maple Syrup, Vegetable Oil, Cocoa and Cinnamon in a saucepan. 
On moderate heat stir constantly for 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in all other ingredients.
Roll  teaspoonfuls into little balls and place on baking paper and put in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
Keep stored in a container in the fridge.
 

Enjoy
It was a hit with my friends, and I wont tell you how many I have eaten today!

1 comment:

  1. Alex these are yum and we will be making lashings of them!!

    ReplyDelete